BENTLEY REVEALS EXP 9 F
A pinnacle luxury performance SUV design concept car
• EXP 9 F all-wheel drive luxury Sport Utility Vehicle concept revealed at Geneva Motor Show
• Potential for third Bentley model-line alongside Mulsanne and Continental ranges
• Bold reinterpretation of Bentley design cues in a spacious, versatile and high performance SUV
• A fusion of contemporary, crafted luxury, advanced in-car technology, commanding driving position and all-terrain capability
• 6.0 litre, twin turbocharged W12 engine and 8 speed transmission
Unmistakably a Bentley – yet a Bentley like none before it – the EXP 9 F could herald a third Bentley model-line alongside the bespoke Mulsanne and the high performance Continental GT, GTC and Flying Spur.
BOLD, DYNAMIC, SPORTY DESIGN
• Key Bentley styling cues re-interpreted for EXP 9 F with innovative detailing
• Sculptured flowing surfaces emphasise power, muscularity and robustness
The designers were inspired not only by the more functional nature of EXP 9 F but by the ‘visible engineering’ of the famous Blower Bentleys. For example, the day-time running lamp apertures also act as the charge cooler air intakes for the twin-turbo W12 engine, each with a dramatic, mesh-covered turbine fan design and ‘rifled’ inner surface finish.
Video of the Bentley EXP 9 F
INTERIOR – A FUSION OF LUXURY WITH UTILITY
• Light, airy, contemporary cabin design with exquisite British ‘sporting’ luxury craft detailing
• Contemporary use of touchscreen and tailored interface technologies
• Fresh interpretation of traditional handcrafted materials with highly durable surfaces
• High degree of practicality including versatile rear cabin layout and full-width, two-piece tailgate
COMMANDING DRIVING POSITION AND CONTROL ARCHITECTURE
• Inspired blend of traditional analogue and TFT touchscreen technology
• Bespoke interface engineering – tailored to the individual with driver-selectable instrumentation modes
EVALUATION, REFINEMENT AND FUTURE PLANNING
When the first generation Continental GT was unveiled in 2003 it represented the renaissance of Bentley as a global luxury icon, subsequent launches such as Mulsanne, Continental Flying Spur saloon and the new Continental GT have seen the Bentley brand growing from strength to strength.
Price should starts at 168,000 €
EXP 9 F represents the chance to take Bentley values of design, craftsmanship and engineering excellence into what would be – literally – new terrain for the brand. Bentley’s experience with the all-wheel drive Continental range makes the concept of a Bentley SUV a natural progression for the company.